Thursday 23 June 2011

DAY OFF PART TWO

I was off yesterday and worked harder than being at work. Today was just the same although I did plan to be busy today. As usual, my noisy neighbours woke up half the street in their attempt to leave the house, so I got up had a nice light breakfast, put some washing in, hoovered the house, watched the news, and a story about how the wrong people are getting olympic tickets so I decided to crack on with my chores. I have decided to paint my doors and skirting boards and radiators. I prepared the doors properly, put on my latex gloves and opened the paint. The first of many phone interuptions began. Muscles Reidy wanted to know if I was going gym later and I said no. I started stirring the paint and the phone went again, I knew I should ignore it but it was the mad cat lady so I spoke to her, or rather listened to her moan about work. When she had finished I put the first stroke of paint on a door when the phone rang again, this time I ignored it but it kept ringing. I answered it to a work colleague who wanteds to to offer me a late turn next week, hah no thanks. I went back to painting and the door bell rang. I stopped painting and it was a postman with a parcel for my noisy neighbours, I signed his docket and put paint marks on the parcel, (ha ha ha), I went back to painting and was doing well when the bloody phone went again, it was mad cat lady telling me she had arrived home. Anyway I cracked on then my neighbours on the other side started playing loud music, I tried to ignore it but it was some real crappy old tunes and their dog was barking as well. I painted on for a while but I had to give up, the heat was too much and I had shut the doors to drown out the noise. I have managed to paint two doors, one hall cupboard door, my downstairs loo, and most of my left arm. I gave up and put everything away. I opened all the windows and decided to do some writing on my book. I have managed a very creditable 1543 words, so I am quite pleased. I had a lovely bath, scrubbed my arm to get the paint off, it wasn't easy and now my arm hurts. I gave myself a brazilian, (its nice to be tidy). I hung out the washing, I have prepared my world famous beef curry for later and now i'm off to the shops to treat myself to some beer. I checked and I'm ok for milk. la la la

No comments:

Post a Comment