Friday 18 May 2012

WHERES CASEY

I am coastal today. As usual the weather isn't great. I was feeling a bit peckish so on my way to the crew room I stopped off in the cafe. The sign said 'Today's Special, chicken salad baguette and tomato soup £3'. I thought that was quite good so I ordered it. The lady behind the counter said 'sorry we are out of chicken' I said 'ok, can I have a cheese and ham baguette and a tomato soup instead then please?. She looked at me like I had just asked for a shag on the counter and said, 'we are out of tomato soup'. I looked at my watch, it was 10.28. I asked, 'why does the sign say today's special when you clearly have no special, shouldn't you take the sign down to avoid confusion? She looked at me and growled 'the manager put it up, she can take it down'. So because I was hungry I asked for a bacon and egg roll, she asked' do you want it hot? I just said 'don't bother, i'll have a cheese roll instead, I paid and left the shop. As I opened the door I was nearly bundled over by some guy about 20 years old. I said 'sorry mate' and kept walking. He called after me and said 'Are you a train driver?' I replied 'yes'. He said, 'If I give you my CV will you hand it in to your personnel department'. I said 'It doesn't work like that mate, you have to apply online'. He said 'Online, what's that? I said to him never mind, you just failed the test'. I walked away and went to the crew room. I was just about to bite into my roll when the only other guy in the room asked 'have you been to the cafe? I replied ' what gave it away?. He said 'Did you see Casey? I asked 'who is Casey? And he said 'Casey is our local village idiot, he likes to go to the cafe on fridays and wants to be a train driver'. I said ' no I didn't see him' this guy said 'what do you mean you didn't see him? I said 'I didn't see anyone, I spoke to the woman who served me and that was it 'this guy stood up and said 'you must have seen him' I replied 'no mate I didn't' He left the room and came back with another guy and this other idiot said 'Where's Casey? So I said 'who the hell is Casey? And guy number two said 'Casey is our friendly village idiot' I said, 'when im down here all you idiots look the same to me 'this bloke said 'you must have seen him' I said 'no I didn't, now do you mind if I eat my roll?. They both left the room and came back with a woman, and this woman also said 'have you seen Casey? I said 'look, I don't know Casey, I ain't seen Casey, and if I do see Casey I won't know its Casey cos I don't know Casey'. The woman said, 'but its friday, he is always about on friday'. I looked up and said to the three of them 'Casey, is he about 20 years old looks a bit divvy and wants to be a train driver' Guy number one said 'yeah that's him, have you seen him? I said 'no, now sod off and leave me alone, I'm on my break'. They all left the room and I could hear them outside talking amongst themselves about Casey and his whereabouts. My cheese roll was horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment