Sunday 6 May 2012

BANK HOLIDAY

Tomorrow is Bank Holiday Monday. Four weeks ago, I was all ready to have a good one. I bought a nice big multi tiered BBQ and some new garden furniture, and I had my garden landscaped. It cost me a fecking fortune. I must be mad or just plain stupid. The weather is going to be abysmal. I should know by now not to trust the weather forecasters. Each and every time they get it wrong. I was hoping for some decent weather. I thought it doesn't have to be hot it just needs to be warm and dry. All I wanted was dry weather. I have been looking at BBQ cookbooks and looking at BBQ drinks and I was going to have a really good one. All my family and both my friends were gonna attend and be very well fed and leave very pissed. But the weather won't be very nice, or very dry, or very warm. It's going to be a typical bank holiday type of weather day. Don't we deserve a nice dry hot bank holiday? The government have implemented a hose pipe ban and the day after they did it has rained non stop. It's the kind of weather Noah built the Ark for. My good friend Maureen lives in Portugal and I envy her so much. It's all right for the Scottish and the Welsh, they are used to all this wet weather. I have a freezer full of BBQ type food and a garage full of Stella, and I won't be able to show off my hosting skills. Looks like another day stuck in the Wibbley Wobbley pub. I told my grandkid's they could help me cook on the BBQ but it looks like I am going to have to appease them with Burger King crap. I love this country I just wish we had better weather. I joked about it with Levi, and she pointed out that the sun made an appearance one day, several weeks ago and that was possibly our summer and we missed it. Still look on the bright side, I have forty pieces of chicken and thirty burgers and three cases of beer and eight bottles of wine I don't have to share. la la la

No comments:

Post a Comment