Tuesday 29 May 2012

DUCKING AND DIVING

Next week is a bank holiday. The queen has decided to let the workers have a day off for putting up with her and her wayward family for decades. I am happy to have an extra day off as it means more time to drink beer. Howver, I am surprised at how many people at work are moaning. Some want to work so they can have double time and some want the day off because the weather will be nice. I dont care either way. If I work I will get the extra money, if I dont then its beer and a BBQ in the garden. I feel sorry for the Queen. I bet she is sick and tired of having to endure yet another day in the gold fish bowl she calls daily life. I have no doubt that she would rather be at home wih a cup of tea and her corgis rather then faking a smile and waving at people she doesnt know or really care about. Where I work there are so many people trying to get the longer shifts so that the pay will be greater and there are people who are already making excuses for not coming in. I still dont know how they epect people to get to work they are planning to close so many roads. I am sitting here listening to people who take the tube normally but when the roads are closed next week they are planning to try and come in by car.ducking and diving is so common at this place it amazes me that trains run. On top of the usual shirkers we have an awful lot of lazy malingers and a permanent long term sick list. Trust when I say this, next week, dont travel, stay at home, watch it on telly.

No comments:

Post a Comment