Thursday 12 May 2011

me and queues

I have several pet hate, I dont like inconsiderate parking, I dont like bad drivers, I dont like loud stereos on public transport and im not keen on brussel sprouts. Something else that is starting to get me riled is the way some people have trouble in a queue. I was in the supermarket today and a women with her wailing child and a half full trolley was in front of me. When it was her turn, she then decided she needed several more items and sent her son to go and find these items. After waiting for about six minutes the boy comes back with only some of the things the woman wanted. This pig of a woman then started shouting at the boy like it was his fault. After being asked to calm down by the till operator the woman then realised she had packed her bag with her purse at the bottom so she then had to unpack the damn bag to find her purse. Then as if that wasnt bad enough she paid the money then realised she had coupons she forgot to use so went to the returns desk, returned her whole purchase and then queued up again to re-buy the stuff again using the coupons which saved her a whopping seven pounds from a forty three pounds original sale. I personally would of asked her to leave the shop and never come back, but thats just me. Yesterday I was at the bank and a man was telling the cashier that the cashpoint machine would not let him have the amount he wanted, the teller tried to tell him he did not have enough in his account and his argument was that he gets paid every thursday and was good for the money. He argued for ages until someone behind me told him to leave " or else " I was going to say the same thing to him but im in enough trouble as it is. I dont mind having to wait behind annoying people but I just think that shops should have a seperate queue for the annoying or mentally challenged so that the rest of us can get through our daily lives without being subjected to backward thinking stupid people. The worse place to queue is the Post Office and I want to go on record as saying that certain elderly people should only be allowed to shop at certain hours. last week I was in a Post Office behind some cantankerous old biddy who wanted to buy ONE stamp to put on a card she was going to send to her friends CAT. Yes, ONE stamp for a card to a CAT. Queues should only be used by normal sane people. Old peopple should shop either very early or very late so that we can avoid them. Dont get me wrong the elderly are people too but being behind one in a queue can be very, very frustrating. When old and bitchy, buy me a nice pillow and hold over my head til I stop twitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment