Friday 29 April 2011

Remakes and Sequels

Why oh why do the people in charge of the one eyed monster in the corner of the room insist on re-making classic films and tv shows? Steve Martin is not a funny man, so why the hell did he make Sargeant Bilko? Phil Silvers was excellent in that role and it should have been left alone. The remake was painful to watch and I never made it to the end, but as if that wasn't enough, the bastard went and ruined one of the greatest characters ever Inspector Clouusseau. What the f%*k was that. Steve Martin destroyed/ruined/messed up/made a pigs ear of that role and he should never work again. I dont just blame him and I know he took the money and did as he was told but what a monumental load of crap it turned out to be. Maybe just maybe if they called it something else, it might have worked, on second thoughts no it wouldn't cos Steve Martin in it. Now we have that other knobhead Russell Brand ruining the film Arthur. Please dont do this anymore. Dudley Moore nailed that character and the film was superb, but the remake looks dire and I won't watch it. And to make matters worse the want to bring back the series The Professinals. NO NO NO, they tried it once and it was cack. apart from the remake of True Grit and Pelham 123 I dont think there has been a good remake. The Italian Job, Get Carter, Alfie, Sleuth, and many more I cant be bothered to mention. I rest my case, and as usual I think i'm right. Make me the Mayor and I will stop this pointless waste of tv airtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment