Saturday 30 April 2011

Panic

I did a bit of shopping today, I considered doing my monthly shop but I changed my mindwhen I saw the crowds. I heard more than one person say 'its a bank holiday lets get more just in case we run out'. Am I missing something. I know its a Bank holiday but its not armageddon, the shops will probably be open on monday and if not they certainly will be on tuesday. Just as I don't get the mentality of people who queue up for days to be the first to own a new Iphone or X-box or the people who camp out for days to see a Royal wedding (big yawn) I don't understand people who panic buy in supermarkets just because the shops shut for one day. It wasn't that long ago that shops shut half day on saturday and didn't open til monday and there was no Ocado delivery service either. Are we turning into a society of nervous wrecks and doomsday pessimists. I really hope not, if you are one of the panic buyers please can you stop watching Americans on tv who live in the deep south and just try to remember this is England.

No comments:

Post a Comment