Tuesday 19 July 2011

SPARE CHANGE

I was standing at McDonalds in Victoria station waiting to be served and sitting on the floor looking pathetic and unwashed and reaking of homelessness was a tramp type man. He asked me if I had any spare change. I waved a twenty pound note at him and said no. He then said " I can hear jingling in your pocket" so I told him was my keys. He asked if I had any spare keys so I said "Why? Have you got a home to use them on?" He didnt like that and said " I used to be like you" and I replied "What , you used to be black?" and he said no, he used to have a job. I asked him what happened andhe said he didnt like being told what to do and when to do it so he gave up working and is living life on his terms. I looked at the black dirty crusty toes poking out from the one sock he had on and asked how it was working out and I dont speak geordie very well but I think he said " fark oof youse karnt". Anyway my food arrived and I paid and put my change in my pocket. He then said " I aint eaten in three days" I replied " I wish I had your will power" And I walked away. I was just wondering, what is spare is change?. I have money, but I dont have " Spare" money. I have two cars but I dont call my second car "the spare one".  I keep all my money together in a bank and use daily what I need, What I dont spend today goes towards what I intend to spend tomorrow. So in case any homeless trampy types are reading this, NO, I dont have spare change. And if ever I do find myself holding more cash than I really need, it will go towards my drinking in the pub on a rainy day fund.  

No comments:

Post a Comment