Thursday 7 June 2012

STATING THE OBVIOUS

I took the train to work today. I didn't fancy driving there in the rush hour and driving back in the rush hour, so I put on my common people clothes and went by public transport. On the train I read today's Metro. Its a good job its free cos it only takes ten minutes to read, and the full front page headline was 'London Tube System Can't Cope'. Well that's stating the obvious. Apparently some senior officials on the Tube were horrified at how badly the system coped over the Jubilee weekend. These overpaid pencil pushers didn't expect a high number of problems like the ones that occurred. I am flabbergasted at their shock. The Tube system is over crowded on a regular daily basis, how did they not foresee the problems a million extra punters would cause? Now, with seven weeks to the Olympics, all their plans have to be re thought. Its quite shocking. I turned a few pages and saw an article about our favourite subject, the weather. Some supposedly intelligent meteorologist is warning us to be aware that our summer is looking like being a washout. That's stating the obvious. If they had left our normal Bank holiday alone we could have had a rare sunny Monday, but no, they moved it to show the world what crap weather we get in this country and we had a long weekend of rain. My friend Maureen lives in Portugal and she says she sometimes misses the weather. Well Maureen, the next time you miss the weather, get dressed to go out and stand in the shower and turn on the cold water, then you will remember why you did the right thing and moved abroad. Another story that made me laugh, Miley Cyrus is now engaged to her long term on off boyfriend. ENGAGED LONG TERM, ON OFF? Is it me or does that spell disaster? I see that going one of two ways, either they will split for good cos they keep splitting up, and the unknown wannabe model boyfriend will sell his story, or they get married and divorced in less than a month. Having said that, looking at the picture of her, I wouldn't mind getting on and off her a few times. OOPS, I shouldn't have said that, I don't want to have my scrotum removed and used as a purse by a certain someone reading this. La la la the Euros start this week. Did you see the picture of the England team in the Metro? Is it me or did they all go to the same one armed, one eyed, tourettes suffering hairdresser?

No comments:

Post a Comment