Wednesday 29 February 2012

TEA

I was coastal today, I'm never keen on being coastal, they're a weird bunch. Anyway as I entered the room I nearly bumped in a guy who was holding a teapot. I said sorry but he said "mind my teapot, we do things quaint down here" I replied "having a teapot aint quaint". He replied "what is it then?". I said "its old or its out of date or its antiquated or its archaic but its not quaint at all" He got very indignant and said" you London boys think you're it, well we may not be as modern and fancy as you lot up there but we get our share of celebrities through here. We had Derek Nimmo here once". I said to him" what the fuck has Derek Nimmo got to do with a teapot". He replied," while he waited for his train home he bought a tea on the concourse" so I said "yes but it wasn't poured from a teapot" and this idiot said "well no, its was from a tea urn, its like a teapot, he was very famous back in the day, was Mr Nimmo". So was General Custer back in the and looked what happened to him". General Custer? Did he like tea?" I looked at him and all I could say was "mate, how the feck should I know?" I picked up my bag and went up the road to McDonalds. It aint the best food in the world and the coffee was bland and I might as well throw it straight down the loo cos 15 minutes later I was in theirs having a McDump. At least there were no teapots in sight .

No comments:

Post a Comment